Dr. Waleed Foad
baked potato fingers overview by Mekdar.com
أصابع البطاطس المخبوزة الصحية ... مع مقدار
baked potato fingers - أصابع البطاطس المخبوزة الصحية
4 boiled small potatoes (boil them with skin)
Half a cup of mozzarella cheese
8 slices of Pastrami
Half a cup of small chopped bell pepper (green, yellow, red)
1 teaspoon of butter or ghee or olive oil
Salt and black pepper
For outer layers
First: 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of milk, salt and black pepper mixed together in a bowel
Second: 25 gm of Breadcrumbs or panko+ 25 gm of grinded corn flakes+ 1 tablespoon of olive oil or ghee, mixed together in a second bowel
- Scrub potatoes clean using a vegetable scrubber. Leave the skin. Transfer the potatoes to a saucepan and cover with an inch of cold water. Add half a teaspoon salt. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes for small potatoes. Drain potatoes in a colander. Pell off the skin then mash and add salt and black pepper.
- Add cheese to potatoes and mix.
- In a hot pan put 1 teaspoon of butter or ghee or olive oil, add pastrami and bell pepper then stir until cooked. Then add to the potatoes and combine well to form dough.
- Now take small ball sized dough making sure to grease hand with oil to prevent from sticking. Make a cylindrical shape to a finger length. The dough will give 12 to 15 fingers.
- Roll in the egg and milk bowel then roll it in the breadcrumbs mixture to coat the surface. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- You can bake them in an air fryer or in a Preheat oven to 170°C. Put the fingers on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool, and then serve. Serving unit equal 3 fingers.
23 Nov 2020
Dr. Walaa Foula
Physician Nutrition Consultant, For 17+ years
Doctorate degree in Public Health, Majoring: Nutrition
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Alexandria University, Egypt.
23 Nov 2020