Dr. Waleed Foad
Oven baked scotch eggs overview by Mekdar.com
بيض أسكتلندى بطريقة صحية ... مع مقدار
Oven baked scotch eggs - بيض أسكتلندى بطريقة صحية
4 boiled eggs
250g minced meat
2 tablespoons, chopped fresh parsley
1 medium chopped onion
Salt, 1 pinch
Black pepper,¼ teaspoons
Onion powder,¼ teaspoons
Garlic powder,¼ teaspoons
For outer layer:
- 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of milk, salt and black pepper mixed together in a bowel
25 gm of Breadcrumbs+ 25 gm of grinded corn flakes+ 1 tablespoon of oil mixed together in a second bowel
1. Boil the eggs for 5 minutes. Drain, cool in cold water, and then shell them.
2. Mix together all ingredients of meat mixture in a food processor. Divide this mixture into 4 equal portions, and then use your hands to pat each portion into a flat disc. Place an egg on top of each disc, then press the mixture around the eggs to cover them completely.
3. Roll the eggs in the egg and milk bowel then roll it in the breadcrumbs mixture to coat the surface. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 170°C. Put the eggs on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool, and then serve.
07 Nov 2020
Dr. Walaa Foula
Physician Nutrition Consultant, For 17+ years
Doctorate degree in Public Health, Majoring: Nutrition
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Alexandria University, Egypt.
07 Nov 2020